|River City 11-09 One Day Cuckoo Clock with Five Maple Leaves and One Bird - 9 Inch features a cuckoo bird that emerges on every hour from a swinging door above the clock dial. The cuckoo bird counts the hour by cuckooing once for every hour (example: At one o'clock the bird will cuckoo once; at eight o'clock the bird will cuckoo eight times). The half hour is announced with one cuckoo call.
This traditionally styled German cuckoo clock features wooden hands, a wood dial with Roman numerals, and a warm light yellow hand-painted and hand-carved cuckoo bird. The cuckoo clock case is surrounded by five deeply carved maple leaves with a single hand-carved bird seated at the peak of the roof. Two cast iron pine cone weights are suspended beneath the clock case by two separate brass chains.
A hand-carved maple leaf pendulum continuously swings back and forth, controlling the timing of the clock. If your cuckoo clock's timing should ever need adjustment, you can control the speed of your clock by sliding the maple leaf up or down the pendulum stick. Sliding the maple leaf down causes the cuckoo clock to run slightly slower, while sliding the maple leaf up makes the cuckoo clock run slightly faster.
The 30 hour all brass mechanical Regula movement, which is produced in the Black Forest of Germany, is wound once per day by raising the two pine cone weights. One weight powers the time and the other weight powers the cuckoo and cuckoo call.
- 9 Inch Clock
- Hand-made in Germany
- Five leaves and one bird
- Bird emerges on every hour from swinging door above clock dial
- Counts the hour by cuckooing once for every hour
- Half hour announced by one cuckoo call
- Wooden hands
- Wood dial with Roman numerals
- Hand-painted, hand-carved cuckoo bird
- Two cast iron pine cone weights suspended beneath clock case by two separate brass chains
- Pendulum swings continually back and forth, controlling clock time
- Wind once per day
- 2 year manufacturer warranty